Islamic Travel, a Nomad Travel Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 32654849377) business, (“Islamic Travel”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) try to ensure that we only promote travel offers that our customers will enjoy. We understand, however, that occasionally, this is not always the case. This policy sets out the circumstances in which Islamic Travel may provide refunds to our customers (“customer”, “you” or “your”) or permit cancellation in respect of a specific travel offer. Please note that in administering this policy we will only deal with the named person who placed the order in respect of a specific travel offer.
Pursuant to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, you may be entitled to certain rights and remedies which cannot be contracted out of. Nothing in this Cancellation and Refund Policy is intended to limit, exclude, or modify any rights or remedies that may be available to you as a consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986.
SPECIFIC TO PRIVATE UMRAH PACKAGES
These specific cancellation and refund policy section apply to Private Umrah Packages in addition to the below. Where any specific details differ from the general policy further below, this section shall apply:
- Cancellation 30 or more days before departure: Payments refunded, less the deposit paid;
- Cancellation within 30 days of departure: Package costs is non refundable. It is important to have your own travel insurance.
SPECIFIC TO RAMADAN UMRAH PACKAGES
This specific refund policy section applies to both Group and Private Ramadan Umrah Packages in addition to the items listed further below. Where any specific details differ from the general policy further below, this section shall apply:
WHEN ISLAMIC TRAVEL MAY PROVIDE REFUNDS
- Ramadan Umrah package for both group and private trips are non refundable at any time;
- You must obtain travel insurance for any Ramadan Umrah package purchased from Islamic Travel (Nomad Travel Australia Pty Ltd).
Other than the specific timings mentioned above for Private Umrah packages, Islamic Travel may provide a refund of amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant travel products and services if :
WHEN REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE
- we accept your cancellation of the services in the permitted circumstances set out below;
- your request for cancellation is made at least 45 days before commencement of the travel offer purchased;
- allocation system time-outs resulting in oversold departure date allocations under our inventory allocation system and as a consequence the travel offer is not available to you and we cancel the order;
- the passenger information form is not returned within the specified period and we cancel the order;
- an order is placed in contravention of an applicable child traveller policy and we cancel the order;
- any minimum number requirements of a travel offer are not met and we cancel the order;
- an arrive early/stay behind option is requested and is unavailable due to availability after purchase;
- we are required by law to do so;
- we have made a mistake in advertising a travel offer that fundamentally misstates the product or service that is the subject of the travel offer or otherwise in the case of manifest error by us; or
- prior to travel, the provider of the travel offer ceases trading or ceases to provide the goods or services that are the subject of the travel offer.
The following circumstances DO NOT qualify for refunds:
WHEN YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR BOOKING AND REQUEST A REFUND
- where you have failed to read our Terms and Conditions, Privacy, Travel Advice updates, Cancellation & Refund Policy or the Travel Notes set out on our website for your travel offer (located under the “Travel Notes” tab on islamictravel.com.au)
- if you change your mind after you have purchased a travel offer (for whatever reason);
- if the travel offer experience was in accordance with its description but did not meet your general expectations (for whatever reason);
- if you are unable to travel due to a medical condition or any other personal reason;
- if you are unable to obtain your preferred time to experience the travel offer;
- if you cannot travel due to other travel or other personal commitments;
- if the business on behalf of whom we are advertising a travel offer does not honour the terms of the travel offer because you have failed to present the provided booking voucher on redemption;
- if you have had a dispute with the business on behalf of whom we are advertising the travel offer;
- if you are late for your booking, and the business decides to cancel your voucher;
- where the travel date selected in respect of the travel offer has passed;
- where you are denied entry to a destination due to a failure to comply with a health, Visa or other requirements;
- if you leave a tour and are non-locatable after reasonable efforts have been made and we cancel any remaining component of a travel offer;
- where Islamic Travel determines the continuance of a travel offer on the scheduled departure date despite published minimum number criteria not being met;
- if you miss or are a ‘no-show’ for a flight or cruise and your flight/cruise, ticket, accommodation, transfer or other travel offer component is cancelled;
- where an itinerary change occurs and we arrange supply of a service of comparable or higher standard;
- where we cancel the order in the event of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity.
If we increase the price of your specific travel offer by a material amount (being more than 10% of the initial price) in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you may cancel the relevant travel products or services and request a refund of amounts you have paid to us in connection with the relevant travel products or services.
This does not apply to increases arising from a request, action or omission of the customer, any person travelling or intending to travel on the order or any of their agents or representatives (including but not limited to changes to travel arrangements, optional extras, surcharges and other customisations and additions).
Where we have paid for a visa application on your behalf, whether approved or rejected, the cost of the visa is not refundable at any time.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions
for circumstances where Islamic Travel may vary, withdraw or cancel the order, the services or the components of a travel offer.
Please note any claim for refund excludes and may be subject to payment by you of any applicable fees (such as order offload fees and order administration fees) and also excludes any other non-refundable items and circumstances. Any claim for a refund may be reduced or denied where our Terms and Conditions, this or any other Islamic Travel Policy is not complied with.
Without limiting the foregoing, Islamic Travel reserves the right at its discretion to provide a refund outside of the above circumstances in compelling or extenuating circumstances. Islamic Travel’s decision with respect to any refund request is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
SUBMITTING A CANCELLATION REQUEST
A request for a cancellation must be submitted via the Islamic Travel Support Page
located on our website. Islamic Travel will then email the account holder a Cancellation Form. This must be completed and returned to Islamic Travel no later than 24 hours prior to travel. Immediately upon submission of this Cancellation Form, you are authorising Islamic Travel to cancel all elements of the Order for the passenger(s) provided within the form. All cancellations are considered non-reversible once received by Islamic Travel and subject to the refund circumstances listed above.
Voluntary Flight Cancellations
Where Islamic Travel has been requested to arrange flights on your behalf, in the event you are unable to make your flight, for whatever reason, you must contact both the Islamic Travel and Airline directly prior to check-in closing. Where a customer is required to cancel any flight or portion of their ticket, Islamic Travel reserve the right to further charge the customer, any airline no-show fees. Should the cancellation occur outside of 72 hours prior to travel, only Islamic Travel needs to be notified.
SUBMITTING A REFUND REQUEST
All customers requesting a refund will be required to provide full particulars as to why they are not satisfied with the quality of the goods and services that are the subject of a travel offer.
All complaints need to be made via the Online Feedback Form
– a step-by-step process where the details of the issue are recorded. The form can be accessed via the online form located on the Islamic Travel Support Page
located on our website.
By completing the form, Islamic Travel can assess and seek an appropriate resolution to the issue.
All feedback forms must be received within 30 days from the return of travel, or from the date the incident occurred. Any requests for refunds submitted outside of this timeframe will not be accepted.
Islamic Travel will verify the validity and veracity of some or all of the particulars of a request for cancellation or refund by consulting with the relevant merchant responsible for fulfilling the offer. Islamic Travel may also ask you (by phone or email) to provide additional information in relation to the cancellation or refund request.
In circumstances where we believe that a request for a cancellation or refund does not fall within the scope of this policy, misleading, incorrect, deceptive and/or is otherwise invalid, Islamic Travel may, in its absolute discretion, refuse a cancellation or refund request. Islamic Travel is under no obligation to provide you with reasons as to why your request has been refused. Please note that any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise suspicious activity will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities.
REFUND VIA DIRECT DEPOSIT
Any refund will be credited to your preferred bank account, according to the details provided by you during the refund request process. Any refund provided by Islamic Travel is in no way an admission of liability by or on behalf of Islamic Travel or the admission of any other fact in connection with, any act or omission which then led to the request for a refund being submitted by the customer.
CHANGE TO POLICY
Islamic Travel may change this policy at any time at our absolute discretion by posting the revised policy on this website. It is your responsibility to review the terms of this policy. By visiting and using the Islamic Travel website you agree to abide by the terms of this policy as amended.
For any feedback or questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact Islamic Travel via any of the contact methods listed on out Contact